what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day #97 - the magical skateboard


in Year 11 English we were given an assignment to write a children's book, we could do it in pairs or on our own.

As I was 16 there was only one topic that this book would have been on.

Skateboards.

But how would we make it for kids?

Well, Paul Hoffman (my "twin brother") and I came up with a novel idea, we made it magical.

We always planned on doing it A4 size per page but as we were both 16 it ended up just being 6 panels per A4. I think we got decent marks on it but there was some comment like "would have been nicer if you'd made the pictures bigger" or something like that.

Well, I'd forgotten about it until about 10 years ago when Hof on one of his visits up from sunny Moruya and in between gigs hosting his show on EAR FM gave me a photocopy of the original (I bet he still has the original).

Again I'd forgotten about it until yesterday when looking through an old box of papers in the garage I came across it again, so I thought I'd redraw it for old time sakes and seeing as though there are 18 panels I can do this as part of my project.

then I'll print it out and give my old 'twin' a copy of his own :)

So here is the new front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment