what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day #89 - a leisurely ride on the Lawmaster


Doing these drawings has really renewed my interest in Judge Dredd, I am not at the level of doing these straight out of my head due to the unfamiliar ground of recent time but once I nail my proportioning I'll feel a lot more comfortable.

When I think of Judge Dredd I can't help but think of the horrible screen adaptation with Stallone and Rob Schneider, I did like the way they did the Lawmaster and would have loved to see more action on it. oh that's right Amand Asante played Stallone's twin haha. They just piled it full of crap that made it a bit ordinary but at least it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the 2 adaptations of the Punisher.

Whilst surfing around though I found a cool thing has happened, they are making another Judge Dredd and this one is rumoured to stay true to the comics, the only person I can find cast so far is Karl Urban as Dredd, not to be confused with Keith this Urban is actually quite cool and will fit the role nicely he is tall and lean with a strong chin! If you aren't sure who Karl Urban is he's the guy that played Bones McCoy in the new Star Trek movie.

Anyway this was fun, one of those times I wish my paper was bigger so I could get more on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment