what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day #87 - PSI Anderson


Yesterday Trev and I went for a walk to Comic Kingdom, in my opinion the best comic store in Sydney, talking to the dude behind the counter whom happened to be the owner was a pleasant experience, I told him that the last time I'd bought anything from that shop was about 19 years ago, I asked him if he was the owner then and he told me he was the only owner and he'd been there for about 28 years. Something he said really hit home. He said that everybody feels young in this shop and he was so true, I watched Trev excitedly scouring the shelves for the comics he had when he was a kid, got me to thinking about the comics I had and my favourites were definitely 2000AD and Judge Dredd.

When I was 18 I drew a picture of Judge Anderson from an issue of 2000AD, I thought I'd have a go at drawing her again, I'm really happy with how it turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment