what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day #77 - Bernie Mac-Man


I give up on this one, I doodled a 2-3 minute picture of Bernie's head at work today but this is the 4th head that I've drawn on this drawing and I'm still not happy with it but it's 11:30 so this'll do.

Anyway, Hawk asked me to draw Batman but I hate Batman because he is touted as a "Super"hero but there is nothing super about him, he has no powers only so cool toys and bad one-liners.
Don't you think it would be cool if they cast a comedian as Batman (Michael Keaton doesn't count as a comedian), could you imagine if Bernie Mac was Batman?

Well sadly we'll never know because today is the 2nd anniversary of Bernie's passing so I thought I'd try to make a picture of what he'd look like, I don't do caricatures well (remember the Predators).

RIP Bernie, you made me laugh more than once and I thought it would be fitting that the man that sold Bumblebee should follow him.

No comments:

Post a Comment