what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day #69 - Rat Trap



yesterday I was rummaging through a box and I came across this old drawing that I did when I was 16.

Corrie Thompson and I had this idea to make skateboard clothing, he decided on the name, I got to draw everything else.
We enrolled in an evening college course for screen printing and were looking into the possibilities of getting a 4 colour carousel and printing shirts out of our garages to flog off for profit, hell we were going to make hats, pants, shirts, bags, whatever the hell we could sell.

For some reason we just dropped the idea and didn't go on with it, maybe because he was starting his apprenticeship and was rapping in nightclubs and I was stuck in school?

Anyway, I can't believe I found this little drawing so I thought I'd draw the 38 year old version of my idea, still a tweaked out frontside air but very different.

P.S. I always loved my font

No comments:

Post a Comment