what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day #81 - Japeson


Tonight I wanted to draw a monkey or an ape as I want to draw animals for the week but I also wanted to draw something related to this famous date.

Fox Classics was playing the original movie (is there any movie in the 80s that Kevin Bacon wasn't in?) tonight and it was fun to watch.

Logically I had to draw my ape in Jason's outfit.

I'm quite happy with this one it turned out better than I'd hoped, I think it's because of the innocent oafish look of the ape?

Tomorrow I'll have a go @Mitch n Asher's dogs. fingers crossed eh.

2 comments:

  1. If it gets too much, you could do one, save the other for another day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try them one way first and want to do more detailed drawings maybe solos in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete