what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day #95 -102 today


Dad has been hassling me to draw a picture of 'the Don' for him as he's had a portrait that Daniel Jackson did for him on the wall for about 20 years, so I thought I'd have a crack at it on his birthday (the Don's not Dad's).

Anyway, the greatest cricketer that has ever lived would have turned 102 today and some argue that he is the greatest sportsman of all time due to the fact that his record far exceeds that of any other player and to think that we didn't even get his best years as they were lost to war time.

He must have been phenomenal to watch, I mean I've watched the two greatest batsmen that I'll ever see (Lara and Tendulkar) and they only averaged just over half of what Bradman averaged.

Well Dad, I hope you like your Bradman, if you want it for your wall you are welcome to it mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment