what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day #86 - Y.T.


I am currently re-reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, it is without a doubt one of the greatest cyberpunk books ever written (thank Lester for putting me onto it).

The central characters in the story are a half black half Japanese sword wielding pizza delivering hacker named Hiro Protagonist and a 15 year old blonde haired Caucasian girl (Y.T. or Yours Truly) who is a "thrasher" and a courier on her hi-tech skateboard unbeknown to her Fed mum.

This book was so far ahead of it's time and in fact Google Earth is a direct rip off of Hiro's Earth program, this book is on my all time favourite list. (actually just about anything that Stephenson or Rudy Rucker write is)

Anyway on the train tonight I thought I'd tried to conceptualise what Y.T. would look like (in my opinion) and this is the rough design I came up with, I will definitely have a go at Hiro as well as Raven and maybe an Enforcer in the future.....

Obviously I've gone Manga style and as it's concept it's very rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment