what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day #217 - Droideka


Hawk got a 'You can draw Star Wars" book from Santa and as a treat for him tonight I said, "you pick whatever you like out of it and I'll draw it", the only condition was that it couldn't be Yoda.

So as I was putting the bins out he was busy deciding on what he'd like me to draw, he came running out to me with the book in hand saying "this one, this one", a bloody Droideka, for those that don't know what this is it's basically a robot with no real humanoid style that rolls up into a wheel and rolls into place, once there it becomes a gun turret type of thing that generates its own force field. Don't get me started on that one, i.e. how come the force field deflects laser fire but allows the Droideka's own laser fire to penetrate it?

Anyway, it was always going to be difficult getting the level of detail required onto a little A5 page, so I compromised.

Going by last night's doodle and the response from Lester I added in the 'comic relief' droid as a sort of roadside assistance robot, he runs around and gives broken down robots a jump.

I hope Hawkie likes it okay? I'm sure he'll tell me that just like the Australian cricket team there doesn't seem to be enough depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment