what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day #195 - Fearless Fly & Hiram


There's a thing going round Facebook about changing your profile picture to that of a cartoon character from you childhood in support of stopping violence against children. Whether it's a ruse or not I think it's quite cool to see all these different cartoon characters instead of photos of people.

So of course I jumped on the bandwagon, and the first thing that popped into my head was Batfink but then I remembered that was Mark's favourite cartoon and mine was the Milton the Monster series which included Flukey Luke, Milton the Monster and Fearless Fly.

Fearless Fly had special spectacles that transformed him from Hiram the timid fly to Fearless Fly whom was as the opening credits stated "Faster than a streaking rocket, speedier than a flash of light, no fly swatter can harm him, no fly paper can hold him, no insecticide can stop him"

I don't know what happened to this series but I loved watching it, I can still remember all the theme songs in my head (exactly what cartoons these days are severely lacking)

No comments:

Post a Comment