what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day #196 - the Rancor


I've decided that over the Xmas break I'm going to try my hand at sculpture, first with the wonderful DAS and then (if I can afford it) with some Super Sculptey.

I've planned this for a while but haven't been able to put my finger on what I want to attempt to sculpt, until now.

I've had the monster in my head with a big head and long claw like arms but I couldn't picture it, it was simply the Rancor.

I was worried that if I made a monster that the kids might have nightmares about it but not the Rancor, the coolest monster you could keep under the house!

So of course I need to get familiar with it so between now and the new year I'll be doing a few more sketches and trying to design the wire skeleton etc.

So, here is my first sketch of the Rancor.

No comments:

Post a Comment