what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day #212 - Timebomb


The other night whilst I was stumbling through some random blog sites I came upon a trailer for British comedy series called "No Heroics" it's a show based in a city where there are numerous superheroes each with differing powers, the show itself is centred in a bar (the Fortress), a superhero bar but in this bar you cannot use your powers and you must be wearing plain clothes. In fact on the door it says;
NO MASKS
NO POWERS
NO HEROICS

The 4 main characters are;
"the Hotness" he can harness the power of heat
"Electroclash" with her voice she can communicate with and control machines
"She-Force" she has superhuman strength and is the 3rd strongest woman in the world
and
"Timebomb" he can see 60 seconds into the future and is a master of torture, although he is retired so he only takes a few jobs on to keep money rolling, he's an alcoholic, an ex-drug addict, a gay spaniard whom has sex with strangers in the bathroom when he is bored and easily the best character in the entire show. His outfit has no cape and is pretty much just a black leather body armour with a black leather cap.

only 6 episodes and then the US have remade their own version starring Freddy Prinze Jnr, what a shame.

We are truly blessed to have British comedy as a welcome break to that mindless drivel that comes out of the states (i.e. 2 and a half men) and is drilled into us nightly, thank god for the internet!

I highly recommend this show to anyone, along with the IT Crowd, the Mighty Boosh, Little Britain, Peep Show and that Mitchell and Webb look. oh and Snuff Box. US shows that I'd recommend in this genre.......Better off Ted, Party Down and Bored to death.

Outsourced is okay and I have a soft spot for Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment