what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day #207 - the Panther


Blake Edwards died today.

whenever I think of Edwards I instantly think of the Pink Panther movies. I remember when I first saw one, I think I was about 8 and I was with my dad, it was about to start on TV and I was very excited because I loved cartoons so much. I sat there with this eager anticipation waiting to watch this movie with Pink animated panther in it. I couldn't believe Dad was excited to watch it as he really didn't like cartoons (apart from "wait til your father gets home"). To my dismay there was only this annoying bumbling French policeman and David Niven, at 8 years old I didn't appreciate the humour as I thought all policemen were very serious I couldn't get my head around this fool, I remember thinking he was like Maxwell Smart but or some weird reason I accepted Maxwell Smart?

So after about 30 minutes I asked my Dad when we were going to see the Panther and Dad told me that his glove is all we would see? But the Pink Panther didn't wear gloves?

So when I think of Blake Edwards I get a little disappointed, not at how desperately I wanted to see the panther but actually at how ignorant I was, funnily though, I've never seen the movie in full.

I absolutely loved the Simpson's tribute to him though and how Grandpa Simpson figured out whom it was because he wore sneakers, for sneaking! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment