what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day #251 - appeasing the sake ghost


at approximately 4:30am this morning, after watching an extremely entertaining but ultimately disappointing Asian Cup final Lester and I decided to toast the winners in their national drink.

I went to the cupboard, pulled out the bottle of sake that Lester brought back from Japan for me along with the sake cups that I bought some 6.5 years ago from our trip to Japan, we filled our cups saluted each other with "Kampai" and downed the sake, it was so nice we did it twice! We finally passed out around 5ish (we also finished off my vodka).
Hawk and Mika had strict instructions to wake up Uncle Lester by jumping on him and to leave me sleeping.

I remember getting a NERF dart to the face at about 8am-ish (I guess?) but it didn't disrupt my sleep too much.

I sort of remember Lester leaving, maybe around 9ish?

I finally emerged from the haze at around midday, the V we'd strategically left-over did it's job and I was back to a normal functioning human by 1pm.

Les I think didn't recover enough, so much so that he "etched" a pattern into the passenger door of his car.

So to stop the 'sake ghost' causing any more carnage I decided to 'etch' him a pattern in his honour, a Kabuki actor from the Tokugawa period should suffice.

I actually did pretty much have to etch this, I started with a 4H pencil and forgot to change up, so now my hand is understandably tired (my brain too).

No comments:

Post a Comment