what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #225 - kickin' it old skool


I saw a picture today and for some reason it got me thinking of the skateboard art that I really liked back in the 80s and the style of drawing that I adapted to because of that influence, I thought it would be fun to draw a picture of a weird dude half growling with his eyebrow raised, a look that I practised for hours in front of the mirror till I could do it without thinking, it took me years to stop doing it automatically when somebody said something that I found questionable or odd.

I think I don't do it anymore?

On a side note I have perfected the disturbed homeless man face, the trick is focusing a foot beyond the head of the person that you are talking to and having the ability to twist your lip and talk through the side of your mouth.

Yes, I'm full of skills that I haven't actually found a useful application for yet.

For instance, I can shake my eyeballs.

anyhoo, I think I'm missing some adult interaction, hopefully Les and Ed will visit tomorrow (PLEEAASEE!!!)

Oh and the Fantastic Mr Fox is indeed Fantastic! Wes Anderson never fails to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment