what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day #238 - Happy Birthday Darth (voice)




Today is the birthday of several great people but in the end I had to decide between two, the greatest boxer of all time or the ultimate voice.

Initially I was thinking Ali but thought that was too cliché, so I drew Darth Vader! haha.

Today is indeed James Earl Jones' birthday, how could you ever forget that voice, from Darth Vader to Conan to the King of Zamunda.

It's truly unique.

I had an idea in my head and I tried to scratch it out before basketball tonight, I just wasn't happy with them but once I got home I was able to get the last one out, I planned on inking it black but it's getting late, I thought I'd post all three but the one at the bottom is my doodle today, sorry about the faintness but it's only a markup for ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment