what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day #229 - would have been 76 today, or is he 76 today?

Today Elvis would have turned 76, I don't have any LPs, CDs, MP3s of his music but he is easily the most beautiful voice I have heard, I don't really care for the man but his voice just transcended you, he had the total range!

Still remains the best selling solo artisit in the history of popular music and the dude has been dead for 33 years!

I think that my favourite track if I had to pick one would be "in the ghetto" the lyrics of which were the first of a song that I understood and then when Beats International covered it just really hit home. Imagine that this song was written by white Country music singer and could have just been another Country song that nobody would listen to, instead it ended in Elvis' hands and out of that perfect diaphragm.

I personally believe that Elvis is indeed dead, I was reading today that he died of impacted fecal matter in the bowel on the crapper.

What a shit way to die :P

1 comment: