what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day #228 - ZOG


Today I took the kids out to Toys 'R' Us as it's my last day alone with them before I go back to work I wanted to make it something a little special for them, so Mix got herself a stuffed dog toy (I think she has about 8 now) and all Hawk wanted was jigsaw puzzles, so we went through the whole place and finally got to the jigsaw area and they were crap, there was only one puzzle for Hawk there, it was a Super Mario 500 piece (yes he can do them on his own the little freak, been doing them since he was 2, doesn't even start with the borders either) that cost $29, it was a little more than I'd like to pay for a jigsaw puzzle but he had his heart set on it and it sort of balanced against what Mix got so all was cool. I then stopped in to the video game area on the way out to look at PS3 games and notice that they had the Astro Boy movie (DVD) and jigsaw (100 piece) all in one for $20. I couldn't not get this for my little boy, he loves jigsaws and this was the first movie that I ever took him to see. So we came home, Mix went to bed and Hawk and I sat down to watch it together, he sat at his table and completed the jigsaw whilst we watched.
We both love the big gentle giant robot ZOG from the movie so I told him that I'd draw it for him. At about 11:30PM I remembered that I hadn't drawn it, so now it's 1:26, I finished drawing it about 15 minutes ago, took me around an hour to draw and for fun I threw in the little trashcan dog robot thingy.

I must be tired, I'm just waffling on and on and on and on and on...........

No comments:

Post a Comment