what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day #236 - A big call


On Wednesday night Lester and Ed came over for a wonderful dinner that my beautiful wife made, of course she doesn't know how to do things small and there was enough food for about 15, so we had a long time to sit and gasbag which we are experts at, codshit is our speciality.

I put on Blue Harvest and Something Something Dark Side but that only whet our appetite, so I whipped out my two 'How Star Wars was made" books, one or A New Hope and the other for Empire Strikes Back.

We got to talking about everything about Star Wars and Ed asked me a simple question, "what is your favourite ship" without hesitation I replied the Snow Speeder.

Ed was shocked and said that it was a big call, out of all the ships in all the films I thought that the best.

To be honest it's easy for me, the Snow Speeder, daylight, Slave 1 and then I don't care what comes 3rd.

I saw Empire as an 8 year old and in the opening scenes came Tauntauns and Snow Speeders and for the rest of my life I've wanted both.

No comments:

Post a Comment