what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day #173 - Donut Fire!


All day today I was going to draw Ninja Ninja from Afro Samurai, that is until about 5pm when Jho put on Street Fighter IV on the PS3 for Hawk to play.

Hawk was a natural and got to the 5th round on his first go!

I'm crap at fighting games and couldn't get past round 1 for my first 3 games.

Then I got onto Dhalsim, got me to round 5 before I got hammered by Sagat.

I remember when we used to play Street Fighter on SNES at number 4 Ballendella an Lester's favourite character was Dhalsim, he was slower than all the rest but had amazing reach and an awesome headbutt. His "Donut Fire!" fireball move although very hard to dish out had the coolest reaction of any signature move in the game turning the opponent into a human fireball.

This one is memory of the Littleman's only gaming that I remember, maybe once you go Dhalsim nothing else compares?

2 comments:

  1. It was all the improved graphics dude. Couldn't cope or keep up with it after resolution improved on games:(
    Lurved soccer brawl too. I've got a thing for fireballs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dhalsim was the coolest. He had the 'yoga nugi' knuckles on head attack. I used to make my boys laff by telling them his Dhal powered farts were his secret attack (it was a cypher for my own legendary flatulence). Brings nice memories (the picture, not the farts) - thanks G!

    asher

    ReplyDelete