what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day #172 - the 3 most influential religious hats


I don't know how well I've drawn these so, from left to right they are supposed to be;

the Burka, the Pope's hat and the "foam dome"

this is my dig at Redneck ignorance.

what is it with religious hats? I've always found it interesting that not just with religion but with a lot of things we associate the importance of things with hats.

the ultimate for an Australian cricketer is to receive their cap.

Judges wear those funny wigs (wigs are hats)

Jews wear that little cap or those big black hats with the spiral curls (maybe that's hair?)

Sikhs have their turbans

Policemen wear their hats, actually I believe that they must be wearing their hat to issue you with a fine.

Catholic priests wear those little black numbers.

Muslims have the burka and that round flat-topped hat (my favourite religious hat)

I dunno where I was going with this, I'm tired and I going to go to bed.

All I know is I love hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment