what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day #166 - Demon

Today I was browsing through CGHub and came across this awesome picture/model some dude had done of Batman, he said in his description that he did the whole thing in Sculptris.


I'd never heard of Sculptris so I went looking for it.


It's the coolest little app I've seen in a long long time. It's only 3mb in size, it's free and runs directly from an extracted folder.


It doesn't miss a beat either.


So, I have been playing with it for as long as that awful Miami Vice has been playing (about an hour and a half so far) and after fumbling around with the tools for a little bit I was able to model out this little demon looking guy.


It looks a lot like a melted candle but for a 3d model this is pretty good for me, I could easily see me losing many many hours on the train to the little baby, what a great app.


I guess I settled on this demon because I've been playing Diablo II with Hawk all day and I watched Hellboy with Mika (not exactly desired viewing for a 2 year old I know)


I think I'll definitely be doing some more in this app but I'm going to draw tomorrow night as I'll be pining for the missed Nitin Sawhney gig, I hope Littleman and Ed have a great time, wish I could be there with you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Bro, you is a man o visual panache. Love this model. asher

    ReplyDelete