what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day #157 - a difficult challenge

Tonight when I came home I did my normal routine and checked the letterbox. there was 3 letters there, one from Westpac, another from some government department and a blank sealed envelope.


I thought it odd that a blank sealed envelope was in my letterbox and I initially thought it was one of my neighbours complaining about my Volvo (which has been sitting out the front for a year now).


but no, as I came inside I gave the letters to Hawk and he chuckled, then he told me it was from him.


Anyway he proceeded to open it up and he told me it was full of things he'd cut out of pamphlets.


He went through them all saying "I've got something here I want you to draw" he pulled this one out and said, "see, it shows you how to draw Anakin, I want you to draw that for me tonight"


I didn't have the heart to tell him that even with my glasses on it was tough to see this so instead I gave him my standard "no problem mate!"


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, I think it looks a bit like Anakin. I hope he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment