what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day #141 - Tattoo design #1


For a long time now (well, since Mika was born) I've been thinking about getting a tattoo with the kids names but I thought that was too cliché (yes I'm aware that tatts are pretty cliché themselves nowadays) but I've been thinking about what to do.

Tonight it clicked, maybe because I was sitting here listening to Girl Talk (ta Rossco!), crazy ass mashups.

Hawk is an easy option but Mika was a little tougher (although it seems ridiculously obvious now) and I was thinking of how to put them together or which style to draw them in.

I think I really like this design though and to me it will always mean my kids.

Mika is a Japanese girl's name meaning New Moon so I think this works well?

Any opinions? could I do it differently?

I also love that the Hawk is white because Hawk himself is so white that he's almost transparent, add to that that he's very protective of his little sister and this picture just screams even more to me that my kids are there.

I wonder if Vic will feel the same way? she doesn't read this blog so I'll have to show it to her but she probably won't understand it the same way I do, then again, she'll probably run out and get inked herself! HAHAHA AS IF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Real nice G. I see boy/girl balance in the regular/irregular dark/light etc

    ReplyDelete