what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day #139 - Good times


Back when we were skating all those years ago, people that we skated with were getting sponsored and when competitions came along they would be in the Team.

So, Chris Tudor, Bernie Edmonds and myself invented Team Nosferatu, it was our own little secret team, not that it meant anything apart from a special bond between 3 skaters.

It consisted simply of a picture of a Bat and the words Team Nosferatu, written on our boards or T-Shirts or anywhere else we could find, if anyone asked what it meant we just said "well, that's who we skate for", it was our little joke.

We all had our own bats and my favourite was the one I've coloured in here but I could have any number of different types.

This one tonight is for me and Bernie and Chris.

The last time I saw Chris he was riding the mini ramp at Fairfield, it was about 16 or 17 years ago and he was riding it as if it was flat ground, we'd all stopped skating years before but he just kept going and he was amazing, by then he was easily the best mini ramp rider I've ever seen.
I hope he's doing well.

I know that Bernie is doing much better today (he posted it).

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since those days but I still think of them as if they were yesterday and those two guys I will always think of as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment