what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day #147- when bobcats attack


okay I swear this is a true story.

Last Friday night I arrived home late, I had to take mum to Bunnings and Vic asked me to get dinner on the way home so Pizza was the order for the day. As I turned into our street I noticed a Sydney Water truck in the front yard of my neighbour's house and there was a workman with portable lighting up digging away into the corner of the yard. My neighbours water main had been broken at about 10am (by now it was 8pm) and water had flooded down the side of her house but this guy had the water well and truly under control so I thought nothing of it. Vic came out of the house and said to me "Oh poor Sophie (our neighbour)" and I thought, oh it's just water it ain't so bad? then Vic told me to look at her front yard.

OH MY GOD!! her entire lawn was gone!

Basically what had happened was at about 9am a bobcat turned up and dug up her front yard removing every blade of grass, then he backed over her water main causing it to burst and flood her yard, then (we're assuming) he rang his boss asking what he should do about it at which time his boss told him he was at the wrong address and to leg it.

So, poor ol Sophie was left with a dirt/mud bowl for a front yard and no water, plus I'm guessing a whopping water bill for all the water.

The police told her that they'd get there when they could be bothered but how the hell would you catch the perpetrator(s)?

Would that be covered in your insurance policy? and what about the flood damage?

Anyway I had to whip this one out quickly tonight as basketball is at 10:15 and I'm tired as hell from my ride yesterday, no way on earth will I be able to draw after ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment