what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day #56 - Igoo


As you can probably imagine, cartoons are and always have been a huge part of my life.
Growing up Mark and I would wake up around 5am every Saturday and sit in front of the TV with our Weet-bix waiting for the Thunderbirds and the cartoons that followed, we'd watch these right up until Hey Hey It's Saturday began (yes it used to be on on Saturday and in the morning).

Amongst my favourite cartoons was the Herculoids, it was about a prehistoric family lead by the father Zandor (the mother and son that I can't remember), Tundro the armoured dinosaur that fired rocks from its horn, the flying dragon with laser eyes, Gleep and Gloop the blobby characters that stretched like plasticine (whom was DEFINITELY copied for the Schmoo for the Flinstones) and Igoo the Rock Ape.

Okay, whomever created them was definitely on drugs but nonetheless I loved watching this silly show.

And Igoo was by far my favourite.

I forgot that he was mostly black and it would seem like I just coloured a big rectangle........

No comments:

Post a Comment