what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day #51 - the Papoose


about 7 years ago Vic woke up one Sunday morning and in a half asleep daze asked me to help her because the Papoose was chasing her and trying to bite her.

Lester and I were laughing at her (it must have been a very realistic dream) and between chuckles asked her to describe it, well, the Papoose was a big animal about half a cow tall, with a a long neck and funny teeth sticking out the front and the skin was like the hairless cat from Austin Powers, but, it had big feathers on the back and it's legs were like a bird's.

Obviously we asked Vic to draw it for us, well she did.

Then I googled "Papoose" (her spelling of it) and the result we found was "papoose lake" and where is this lake? why Area 51 of course. And, here's the kicker, when holding Vic's picture that she drew up against the screen the outline of her "Papoose" perfectly matched the outline of "Papoose lake". It was kinda cool I thought but Vic is still freaked about it to this day.

did she get abducted by aliens by chance?

Hopefully drawing doesn't freak her out too much but it was the only thing I could think of that matched 51 :)

1 comment:

  1. Were you doing a lot of acid at the time (or was Vic)?

    Anyway - I love the look of this strange beastie

    asher

    ReplyDelete