what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day #333 - the East Dillon Lions


today I re-familiarised myself with a show about a Texas high school football team.

I was introduced to this show by one of my peers about 5 years ago and I got hooked, for a show about football there's little football in it.

Friday Night Lights is in its 5th and final season, it was axed after 4 seasons and to be honest it sort of lost its way during the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th season, but it had started to peak again at the midway point in the 4th season, the network executives had scrapped it due to its low ratings but the power of the internet brought it back for a final season. Online petitions force their hands and a 5th and final season was commissioned.

I've sat through 8 episodes today, it's like a car crash, I know I shouldn't be watching but I can't look away.

I was going to draw something nifty today, something to do with 333 but I couldn't get anything else into my head. On a day where Hawk played Wii or Diablo II all day and Mix just watched Dora over and over and over whilst Vic slept it was the perfect setting.

This is the helmet of the farm boy white kid Luke Cafferty, number 44 for the East Dillon Lions.

Yep, I'm that sad an individual!

No comments:

Post a Comment