what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day #314 - Emperor Prawn


Tonight we went out for dinner for Mum's 67th birthday, of course we went to the Chinese restaurant at Stanhope that my father and brother love so dearly.

And why do they love it? all the ever refer to is Emperor Prawns.

Of course I detest seafood (yes, I don't know what I'm missing) and have done so all of my life but Mark and Dad could live on the stuff so it becomes a driver for almost every culinary decision in their lives. I've lived through it all my life so I'm used to it.

Anyway, I expected the "Emperor Prawn" do be this amazingly different dish but instead they simply looked like deep fried batter covered prawns in a gelatinous reddish sauce.

But they loved it and that's all the matters.

All I could think of though was a Prawn Emperor, imagine what that old crusty thing would taste like? with his little crown and encrusted jewellery, well, for me it would still taste like shit.

HAHA, the thing that I love about that restaurant though is that they serve Kirks Pasito to drink! not quite Passiona but delicious anyway and a hell of a lot more tasty than any bloody prawn!

1 comment: