what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day #327 - Happy Birthday Jho (belated)


the guy who inspired me to do this crazy project is my BIL Jhoven.

I thank him and at the same time blame him! haha!

I couldn't not draw a picture of him for his birthday, it was Thursday but I wanted a little extra time to draw something "nice" for him.

Back in the 90s there was a poster of Michael Jordan titled simply WINGS, with a picture of MJ holding a ball with his arms outstretched and a cool William Blake quote. I remember this poster from Lester's bedroom wall, it was super cool. Probably one of the coolest posters ever.

So, I thought I'd draw (or attempt to anyway) Jho in his own WINGS poster, except that Jho would be touting different wings on his, he would be loving displaying the wings of a chicken as homage to his beloved Adobo!

Happy Birthday Jho! I hope you had a good one! (38 to go you bastard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment