what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 322 - PTM!


Tonight I was walking through TGV back into Town hall train station after my chiropractor appointment, I had the crazy song "right on track" by the Breakfast Club running through my head and all I could think of was John Kricfalusi and his wacky characters.

This is the guy responsible for Ren and Stimpy, which is still one of those genre defining cartoons, when everything else was product placed crud to peddle shit to kids out came the strangest weirdest cartoons you would see. It is like Bugs Bunny crossed with the ghetto and filled with grotesque yet lovable characters.

I think I'm going to try to get my hands on the original series, once they kicked off Kricfalusi the quality went rapidly downhill, shame. This what happens when you remove the creator.

It happened to Apple when they ousted Jobs, they were lucky to get him back. Unfortunately Ren and Stimpy never got John back to save them.

Reading his blog you understand that he is really a purest with animation and he's been working in the industry for a long long time. He seems a bit of a nut job but hey, who isn't?

Anyway, I wanted to pay a little homage to the great man and this was the only one I wanted to draw tonight, the greatest superhero ever! POWDERED TOAST MAN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment