what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day #328 - Grumpy Lumpy


for some reason I was reminiscing about Ron Cameron's artwork, he was the lead artist for Blockhead skateboards, maybe it's because of Mackie's profile pics? not sure? but he does have a unique style and my most memorable pic of his was this old grumpy bloke in a trench coat. It got me thinking of Grumpy old men.

Why is it that old men get grumpy?

Is it because they now that the end is nigh? or is it that they feel that 'young people' don't respect them? or is the music too loud?

Well I know one thing, if I make it to be old I won't be grumpy, I'll be grateful.

Grumpy old blokes don't have to work, generally don't have a mortgage, are usually hard of hearing so music can't be loud enough and every day that they are still breathing is a blessing in itself. So, why be grumpy?

I just don't get it.

And it's usually just the men, old women just tend to become more eccentric and own more cats.

So to all you old grumpy blokes out there, chin up! start thinking about all the beautiful things in your life, be grateful for what you have and remember that young people don't respect anything and you'll lead a much happier existence.

You never know, you might actually live longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment