what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day #357 - Slave 1


when I was putting Hawk to bed tonight he asked if I could draw him something from his Star Wars book, as I'm coming towards the end of this thing there isn't too much left from Star Wars that I haven't yet drawn.

I was sitting here quietly thinking about things, trying to figure out what I'd draw and I saw this picture of Boba Fett, in my opinion easily the coolest Star Wars character there ever was, unfortunately George Lucas had a tendency of really quickly killing off his greatest characters and then allowing ridiculously stupid ones to survive, maybe it was like survival of the fittest in reverse?
Boba Fett - killed by a blind man hitting him on the back with a stick
Darth Maul - killed by a Jedi who was hanging down a shaft without a weapon
Jabba the Hutt - choked by his whore
General Grievous - shot in his heart (the only human part of him)

Jar Jar Binks - a hero
Ewoks - heroes
General Madine - Chuck Norris lookalike and hero

Other things, the only person to win and suffer no loss all throughout the series until the final scene was the Emperor.

The only character that saved the day in every movie was R2D2

the robots had more character than the humans.

I know certain people that will love this drawing but really I drew only thinking of two, Hawk and Ed.

Yet we love these shows religiously, what does that say about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment