what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day #345 - Luke Skywalker


In the tradition of stupid one liners I decided to draw someone from Star Wars as today is May the 4th, so May the 4th be with you!

Star Wars is easily the most influential movie in my life, it's the earliest movie I ever remember watching, I was 5 and it just became my ultimate fantasy as a boy, when VHS players came out movies cost a mint, we could only afford one, so of course it was Star Wars. My brother and I watched it about 8 times on the first day that we had it.

I have probably seen the original Star Wars movie around 700-800 times at least.

I think I might pull out the trilogy this weekend.

Anyway, I tried to draw Luke from Return of the Jedi, when he had that terrible haircut and suddenly became this all powerful 'monkish' Jedi. At the end of Empire Luke was still cool although limbless but then he went all deep from the start of Jedi and once he flew off a saw Yoda die he turned into a bit of a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment