what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day #346 - Del Griffith


I recently watched the movie Due Date with Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galifinakis, whilst I thought it very funny watching it all I could think of was Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

PTA is really one of those movies that sticks in your memory for life and you can share scenes from it with lots of people the have seen it.

The rental car scene.
The taxi nearly running Steve Martin over and then him being picked up by his crown jewels.
The falling asleep in the car
The driving the wrong way between trucks
The car burning
The cops pulling them over and John Candy trying to argue the road worthiness
The hocking the watch for a room and then the sleeping in the car
The curtain ring selling
The dead wife

the list goes on and on and on.

Del Griffith just wanted to help his pal Neil Page get home in time for thanksgiving.

The world really lost a special person when John Candy died, PTA, Stripes, Uncle Buck, Cool Runnings, Space Balls he wasn't just a funny fat man but he made you believe his emotion so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment