what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day #356 - Ronaldo McDonald


on this day in 1940 McDonald's opened its first restaurant.

a billion burgers and a major contribution to childhood obesity later and we see this atrocity everywhere we go.

I remember when I was a child you got to eat McDonald's maybe once or twice a year, generally somebody's birthday or at after the end of season soccer match.

I was thinking about Ronald McDonald and probably because I'm sitting here watching Newcastle play Chelsea I thought of Ronaldo.

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with how they market to the kids in Brazil.

I had to include that ridiculous haircut he had for the 2002 World Cup in Korea/Japan, an amazing finisher, one of the best I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment