what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day #351 - the Pro


today I was in Dymocks looking for a certain book that I've been trying to find for some time, I can't write what it is because it's a planned gift. Anyway I didn't find it, but, I found a book for Vic's mum, wish I found it last week instead but I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.

I then went looking in the graphic novel section to see if I could find the Judge Dredd complete case files, of course they weren't there, it seemed like I wasn't going to find what I was after but instead I think I was destined to find the books that I did..

Hidden away amongst the graphic novels was this little comic book, it was a little bit thicker but it was a full colour Image Comics book called the Pro, basically a story of a single mother prostitute whom becomes bestowed with super powers, she gets befriended by the 'good guy' super heroes but doesn't play by their rules. Basically she does what you wish all the superheroes would do.

want an example?

okay, a criminal breaks into her apartment and holds a gun to her son's head, one of her 'good guy' friends disarms him and "the Pro" punches the bad guy's jaw off.

What can I say, it's sick tongue in cheek humour just works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment