what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day #307 - a lazy entry


Today whilst watching the formula 1 with the kids we had a little drawing time to keep them from going mental, Hawk picked the picture we'd draw and all three of us would draw it.

So I doodled this out whilst watching about 15 laps, mostly during ad breaks.

Mika scribbled through about 4 pages and Hawk decided to draw his car with 6 wheels then filled the rest of the page with shapes, he blew me away with one of the shapes though, a 5 pointed star in proportion! I know a lot of adults that couldn't draw one of those, hell I struggle and have to visualise the lines crossing over, I imagine a star fleet insignia with an upside down obtuse triangle through the middle.

Oh, i just figured it out, my thinking isn't exactly normal so his brain is like mine concentrated.

He also drew a cool little face with "Psycho Stick" eyes.

Anyway, after dragging my arse around the zoo yesterday and then around Woolies today I think I'll just count this one as today's doodle even though it's crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment