what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day #302 - Car for Hawk


last night Hawk drew a car from a picture he had in one of his books, I loved it because it was a different angle to what kids normally draw, he put a rickety old building next to it as well.

I love his creativity, not bound by any constraints, could have a robot, a car, a building, lasers, then just some random letters and numbers.
To us adults it might just look like some random crap but when he explains it it becomes a story on a page, this type of thinking is what we get trained not to do and then we study for years to get it back.

It really doesn't hurt to be a little abstract in your thinking, in fact I think it releases you.

Anyway, Hawk asked me to draw the car so I did, not as free flowing and creative as his but it was fun to draw and I think he'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment