what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day #301 - Falling or Flying?


for the last 3 days I've had a constant headache, burning eyes and my joints are killing me.

today my digestive system caused me grief and I let my basketball team down by not being able to play.

I think I might have a virus.

Lately I've been thinking about perception and interpretation, how as individuals we are all unique in the different ways that decide the way things are. These politicians on the tele, at the train stations and on the radio are all about trying to make us decide by trying to cloud our perceptions, steering us with slight of hand away from the real issues and only focusing on the stuff that they want us to.

We've proven ourselves incompetent to elect a government on all levels yet we are so ignorant the we whine about how crap the incumbent is yet we put them there. We are doomed to repeat history because we learn nothing from it and ignore it.

The key factors that I feel need to be addressed are, the condition of our trains (they move around 50% of the country's workforce daily), the hospitals, they've been neglected for over a decade and badly need to be sorted out and lastly our energy supply, how on earth are we being charged more for something we are using less of?

That's it, address all those 3 and I'll vote for you.

In fact, just one, the hospitals.

The way that the nurses are treated is appalling, we trust these people with our lives yet we don't supply them with the resources they require to do their jobs. disgusting really.

No comments:

Post a Comment