what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day #257 - Clown Boss


today was stupid hot and so as a result I didn't really move too much but instead just soaked up some hours playing with the kids and the PS3.

Drawing something was the last thing I felt like doing today, so I left it to the last minute.

I've been thinking about anime a lot lately and especially Akira.

Akira is one of my all time favourites and it's mainly because of the first 20 minutes.
The Neo Tokyo setting with the bike gangs is amazing and I always want more, but, there's no more. I wish they'd do a prequel highlighting the gangs and how they came about.

My favourite is the Boss of the Clowns, he looks like Michael Clarke Duncan on a bike and a half, it has 6 or 8 exhausts and tyres as thick as car tyres.

This is not how I'd imagined this picture turn out but I'm too tired to care to be totally honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment