what the hell is this about?

Several friends have embarked on their own P365 journey but as I have no camera nor an eye for photography I've decided to try to complete "a doodle a day" for an entire year. Most will be in my little Derwent A5 sketch book but some could end up being from the corner of some document or scribbled on a newspaper. As the year progresses I will try my hand at inking them as well?

If some of them don't make sense, don't worry, they're probably not meant to. You may notice there will be certain themes along the way and if you know me you'll know why.

I hope you enjoy.

Okay, here goes, every day til I'm 39.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day #8 - 1st of Dune

a play on words seems to be a common theme with me but this one was too easy not to pass up, no other month is as simple, plus my sad obsession with Sci-fi lent itself perfectly to this one, I'd never realised how difficult Kyle Maclaughlin is to draw, not only does his name have laugh in it but his face is very comically structured, I had to be very careful to not go into too much detail otherwise I'd lose the simplicity of the style. I was quite happy with the result although I wish I could have had his eyes glowing blue from the spice...

No comments:

Post a Comment